Nature & Sports
- Villages and Flavours in Wallonia
- Outdoor Activities in Wallonia
- Family Activities
- Sports Agenda
- Boat and River Tourism
- Green Brussels
- Green Brussels
- The Water Attractions
- The Sports Federations
- Golf Courses
- The Caves
- La Maison de la Randonnée
- Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée
- Mini-Trips and Stays
- Nature Heritage, Parks and Gardens
- RAVEL - Réseau Autonome des Voies Lentes
- Tours, Walks, Cycling trips, Horse rides...
- Reserves and Nature Spaces
- Mountain bike and GPS in East Belgium
- Skiing, Skating, Sledging
- Sports Accessible to All
- Adventure Sports
- Extreme Sports
- Sports and Relaxation
- Water cures and Wellness
- River Tourism Accessible to All
© OPT / J.P. Remy
Durbuy, in the south of Belgium, in Wallonia, at the doorstep of the Ardennes is a famous and recognized destination. Nevertheless, for several years the town has been developing a strategy aimed at better organising the tourist flow, better targeting its clients and reorganising tourism on its entire territory.
At the same time of these plans, the town administration has taken steps to improve the quality of tourism in close collaboration with the different tourism players and the citizens. Its aim is twofold: client satisfaction and sustainable development.
In 2007 Durbuy was chosen as “European tourist destination of excellence” because in addition to its tourist assets, it also makes great efforts to develop a true sustainable development policy. This policy is aimed at mobilising all concerned players, applying all resources on the territory and tourist products, managing the impacts of tourism and developing a dynamic communication policy, also through the internet Durbuy.